Road to VMworld
At last year’s VMworld, Cohesity emerged from two years of stealth and began a new era for the storage industry; an infinitely scalable AND intelligent secondary storage platform. While scale-out systems have proliferated in the last decade, the real milestone for the industry was the emergence of a data platform that consolidated multiple workloads into a single environment. The road to execute on this audacious vision required an amazing team of engineers and disciplined business team.
The NEW Table Stakes
Fast forward another year; the team has grown, the product has matured and we continue our march towards another VMworld. This year, the tone is significantly different. Virtualization admins realize that their secondary (Tier 2) storage environment is fractured and lacking:
- Backup is not enough. There are more workloads to support such as test/dev, file share, analytics, etc.
- Cloud integration is necessary for elasticity and redundancy
- Resiliency, non-disruptive operations, and simplicity/ease-of-use should be table stakes for primary and secondary storage layers.
The industry embraces the changes that Flash brought to primary storage; the incredible range of functions, features and form factors. With arguably 80% of your data resting in secondary storage, much of it undervalued and under-utilized, why should you tolerate second-class status for this critical pool of data? As of today, you don’t.
Destination: VMworld Vegas
As Cohesity marches forward, we can see the amazing progress made in just 12 months.
- A platform beyond just backup. We made backup ridiculously simple
- Software that can manage backup, test/dev, file share and analytics – all in one place
- Integration with the biggest cloud vendors on the planet – AWS, Google and Microsoft
- All the goodness you love in your primary environment, resiliency, non-disruptive operations, simplicity/ease-of-use – we got that and now so do you.
A few of our customers (Credit Acceptance, Cvent, GS1, and Tribune Media) are embracing these innovations today in their data centers. Come see/hear/experience why these organizations have met their enterprise needs with Cohesity.
We have a FULL week of activity and would love to see you visit us in booth 827 (next to Arista and Pure Storage). Learn more about all the activity we have planned at VMworld:
Mike Kim, Head of Field Marketing and Demand Generation