Cohesity to Join Cisco’s SolutionsPlus Program, Offering Enterprises a Complete Primary and Secondary Data Solution From a Single Source
This post is also available in: Français (French)
Customers Can Now Use Cohesity to Protect and Do More With Their Data With a Validated Solution From Cisco
San Jose, Calif. – March 12, 2019 – Cohesity, the leader of hyperconverged secondary storage, today announced that it has joined Cisco’s SolutionsPlus program. As a result, Cohesity software will be added to Cisco’s Global Price List. This gives Cisco’s direct and channel sales network the ability to offer Cohesity’s modern backup and recovery capabilities together with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) and Cisco HyperFlex from a single source. The Cisco SolutionsPlus agreement includes joint sales, marketing, service and support investments, and alignment of product roadmaps.
This growing demand for a joint solution from Cohesity and Cisco comes as customers globally struggle with mass data fragmentation — the growing proliferation of data across locations, silos, and management systems that drives up IT costs and complexity, and prevents organizations from fully realizing their data’s value. To help companies address this challenge, Cohesity has pioneered a modern web-scale platform that consolidates data silos and dramatically simplifies management on-premises and in multi-cloud environments.
“Cisco is a world-class leader in compute, storage, networking, and security, and has established itself as a strategic business partner for enterprises of all sizes,” said Terry Ramos, vice president, alliances, Cohesity. “In Cisco, we have a partner that shares our vision of eliminating mass data fragmentation. Our integrated architecture, with Cisco HyperFlex and Cisco UCS, brings together innovative platforms that consolidate data silos and derive more insights from data.”
A Complete Data Solution on Cisco UCS
Over 55,000 customers globally rely on Cisco UCS and HyperFlex for world-class data center infrastructure. Through the partnership with Cisco, Cohesity enables those customers to consolidate secondary data silos on Cisco UCS.
Increasingly, customers are recognizing the architectural synergy of the Cohesity DataPlatform and Cisco HyperFlex to simplify and modernize their primary and secondary data and apps, respectively. With the launch of a new Cisco Validated Design (CVD), customers can protect primary data from Cisco HyperFlex clusters and do more with secondary data on a Cisco UCS-based Cohesity platform — all as one unified architecture. As a result, customers can reduce costs, complexity, and security risks, accelerate compliance, and derive more value from their data.
“We are excited to take our relationship with Cohesity to reseller status with Cisco’s world-class go-to-market capabilities,” said Vijay Venugopal, senior director, product management, HyperFlex, Cisco. “Through the new solution, Cisco and Cohesity can offer the entire data stack for both primary and secondary data in an integrated architecture, which unlocks amazing new opportunities for customers.”
The Cohesity-Cisco offer allows the following benefits to customers and partners:
- For customers
- One stop shop: Purchase a complete Cohesity and Cisco solution via a single Cisco purchase order.
- Validated: Be assured that the Cohesity-Cisco solution has been validated, and will deliver stringent service-level objectives and optimal business results.
- Global sourcing: Tap into Cisco and its network of partners for domestic procurement across the globe.
- For partners
- Streamlined quoting and delivery process: Deliver a pre-validated Cohesity solution as easily and simply as any Cisco product.
- Expanded market opportunity: Access to new buying centers in the growing, $60 billion secondary data and apps market.
“At Trace3, we take pride in introducing our customers to disruptive technology and bringing Cohesity solutions to enterprises as one of the first Cohesity channel partners,” said Kristin Struttmann, vice president, partner organization, Trace3. “With Cohesity joining the Cisco SolutionsPlus program, we can deliver an innovative Cohesity and Cisco hyperconverged solution more quickly and simply for the benefit of our enterprise customers.”
The global reseller agreement is the latest chapter in a growing relationship between Cohesity and Cisco.
- Cisco selected Cohesity DataProtect for disaster recovery of critical services on the Cisco Live network at the recent Cisco Live EMEA 2019 event in Barcelona. Cisco chose Cohesity because of ease of deployment and exceptional backup and instant mass restore capabilities.
- Cisco has completed a CVD with direct snapshot integration for Cisco HyperFlex, offering IT prescriptive guidance for deploying a modern data protection solution.
- Cohesity continues to expand choices for certified Cisco UCS nodes. With the recent support of Cisco UCS S3260 half- and full-storage configurations, and Cisco UCS C220 M5 servers, customers can stay with their preferred Cisco hardware.
- Cisco has been a strategic investor in Cohesity for Series C and Series D rounds.
“The elevated partnership between Cisco and Cohesity will offer enterprise-critical applications seamless protection based on modern backup technology,” said Steven Hill, senior analyst, 451 Research. “This new, jointly certified solution will be available directly from Cisco and its worldwide network of partners, and will immediately expand Cohesity’s global reach into large enterprises while enriching Cisco’s data protection portfolio.”
The joint solutions will be available for all customers worldwide on March 15, 2019.
For more information:
- Read about “Realizing Data’s Full Value” on Cisco’s blog.
- Read about Data Protection on Cohesity’s blog.
- Read about the Cisco Validated Design on Cohesity’s blog.
- Check out Cisco HyperFlex with Cohesity Data Protection – Cisco Validated Design.
- Check out the Cisco product page on Cohesity’s website.
- Review the solution brief.
- Learn more about Cisco’s HyperFlex Hyperconverged Solution.
Cohesity makes your data work for you by consolidating secondary storage silos onto a hyperconverged, web-scale data platform that spans both private and public clouds. Enterprise customers begin by radically streamlining their backup and data protection, then converge file and object services, test/dev instances, and analytic functions to provide a global data store. Cohesity counts many Global 1000 companies and federal agencies among its rapidly growing customer base and was named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2017,” LinkedIn’s “Startups: The 50 Industry Disruptors You Need to Know Now,” and CRN’s “2017 Emerging Vendors in Storage” lists. For more information, visit our website www.cohesity.com and blog https://cohesity.com/blog/, follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/cohesity and LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/3750699/ and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cohesity/.
Head of Corporate Communications
BOCA Communications for Cohesity