What are Cohesity Cloud Services and DataProtect?
How do I access and use DataProtect delivered as a service?
How do I get started with my free trial of DataProtect delivered as a service?
What security measures are used to keep my data safe?
What compliance or security certifications do you have?
Can DataProtect delivered as a service be used together with my existing Cohesity deployment?
What data sources can DataProtect delivered as a service back up?
What retention policy is included with DataProtect delivered as a service?
What service level agreements (SLAs) should I expect from your service?
What is the Front End Terabyte (FETB) measure I am being billed on? Are there minimums?
How do I subscribe/place an order?
What regions is DataProtect delivered as a service available in?
I am outside your available Cloud Regions; can I subscribe to your services?
How is Cohesity DataProtect delivered as a service different from other backup-as-a-service (BaaS) products?
I am not using the AWS cloud today, can I still use your Cohesity Cloud Services offerings?
1. What are Cohesity Cloud Services and DataProtect?
Cohesity Cloud Services, a portfolio of offerings built atop the Cohesity Data Cloud platform, radically simplifies the way data is backed up, vaulted, secured, governed, and analyzed. It provides capacity and (in some offerings) user based pricing, eliminates infrastructure and silos, and consolidates data from multiple use cases such as data backup and recovery, cyber vaulting, disaster recovery, threat intelligence and ML-powered data classification- all through a Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery model.
Cohesity Cloud Services portfolio includes:
- Cohesity DataProtect delivered as a service s which provides backup and recovery capabilities (BaaS) for cloud-native, SaaS, and on-premises data sources
- Cohesity FortKnox, a modern cyber vaulting solution.
- Cohesity DataHawk, all-in-one solution for advanced threat intelligence and scanning, cyber vaulting, and ML-powered data classification.
- Cohesity SiteContinuity, a SaaS-based automated disaster recovery failover and failback orchestration to the AWS public cloud for disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS).
2. How do I access and use DataProtect delivered as a service?
Customers access and use all Cloud Services offerings, including DataProtect, directly through the Cohesity Helios management global control plane.
3. How do I get started with my free trial of DataProtect delivered as a service?
Please sign up for the free trial here. Once our representative validates your sign-up information, you will receive an activation email with instructions to set up your account and start using your free trial.
Setup for both the free trial and the paid service is designed to be simple. Once your account has been validated you can start the setup process. Setup time will vary depending on the size of your environment, but many customers have gotten ready to start backups in 30 minutes or less.
5. What security measures are used to keep my data safe?
Your data is secured both in transit and at rest - and we give you the option to manage your own encryption keys or have our service manage them for you. For more information visit our Trust Center.
6. What compliance or security certifications do you have?
The Cohesity Data Cloud platform in which Cloud Services offerings run on is SOC 2 Type II certified on the Security, Availability, and Confidentiality Trust Services Categories. Cohesity DataProtect maintains Common Criteria EAL2 and FIPS 140-2 Level 1 certificates. Additionally, Cohesity can make available a standard Business Associate Addendum (BAA) for organizations with applicable HIPAA compliance requirements.
7. Can DataProtect delivered as a service be used together with my existing Cohesity deployment?
Yes. DataProtect delivered as a service can be used together with customer managed Cohesity instances. The Cohesity Helios the global control plane provides a single view to manage and control all self-managed and Cohesity-managed services, including DataProtect.
8. What data sources can DataProtect delivered as a service back up?
Cohesity customers can protect a range of cloud-native, SaaS, and on-premises data with DataProtect delivered as a service that continues to expand. For more information review the service data sheet.
9. What retention policy is included with DataProtect delivered as a service?
A 30 day retention policy is included by default. If you require a different retention period we have custom options to meet your needs. Please contact us for more details.
10. What service level agreements (SLAs) should I expect from your service?
Cohesity guarantees that the DataProtect delivered as a service offering has an availability SLA of 99.9%. You can define your own backup SLAs and monitor performance through the Helios management GUI. Please see our Service Level Agreement for more details.
11. What is the Front End Terabyte (FETB) measure I am being billed on? Are there minimums?
Customers will be billed based on the front end terabyte (TB) used capacity on the data sources being protected. For example, if you have a 1TB provisioned disk volume with 95GB of files to back up, 95GB will count towards your capacity subscription. You can subscribe to as little as 1TB of capacity.
For backups of Microsoft 365 data, we offer per user pricing as an alternative option to capacity-based pricing. The highest number of Users accounts concurrently consuming the service during a specified period of measure cannot exceed the number of licensed Users for that period. Inactive Users in a particular billing period are not included in the User count.
The amount of data backed up can be retained for as long as you are a customer of the applicable service. Per user pricing can only be used for Microsoft 365 data at present and can be licensed together with capacity-based pricing when used with other data sources. You cannot mix per user pricing with capacity-based pricing for Microsoft 365 data and must choose one option or the other. Please see our Scope of SaaS Offerings for full details and applicable terms.
13. How do I subscribe/place an order?
You can order directly from AWS Marketplace or follow the “Buy Now on AWS Marketplace” button on our website. If your environment is larger than 25TB, or if you have specific requirements that need to be addressed, or if you prefer to purchase through one of our resellers, please contact us
14. What regions is DataProtect delivered as a service available in?
Customers subscribed to DataProtect delivered as a service may currently store their data in the Cloud Regions listed below. We plan to expand availability to other regions in the future.
|Cloud Regions (where data is stored)*|
US-East-1 (N. Virginia)
US-West-1 (N. California)
Central US (Iowa)**
Europe, Middle East, Africa
15. I am outside your available Cloud Regions; can I subscribe to your services?
Customers located outside of available Cloud Regions but willing to back up their data in such regions may be able to subscribe to DataProtect delivered as a service, subject to due diligence screening, technical and other restrictions or limitations. Please contact us for more details. Without limitation, Service subscriptions are not available to parties (a) located in countries to which the U.S. has embargoed goods or trade restrictions, or (b) on the OFAC Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List or the U.S. Commerce Department's Denied Persons, Denied Entities, and Unverified List.
16. How is Cohesity DataProtect delivered as a service different from other backup-as-a-service (BaaS) products?
DataProtect delivered as a service provides enterprise grade backup, is part of a true hybrid operational experience, and is part of a much more comprehensive Cloud Services portfolio of offerings so you can do more with your data. Many others are point backup as a service solutions that introduce more operational and data silos. Here’s more on how we are different:
- True hybrid experience - unlike other BaaS that operate in a silo, DataProtect delivered as service is built on the Cohesity Data Cloud platform and managed with the same UI as customer managed Cohesity clusters that are deployed on-premises or at other locations. With Cohesity, you get simplified management across environments with a truly consistent hybrid experience.
- Comprehensive data security and management - that goes beyond backup. With other as a service offerings such as cyber vaulting, disaster recovery, threat intelligence and ML-powered data classification.
- Enterprise-grade backup and recovery - that scales on demand, provides flexible security controls, supports a wide range of cloud-native, SaaS, and on-premises workloads, and has flexible policy management to meet enterprise level SLA and compliance.
17. I am not using the AWS cloud today, can I still use your Cohesity Cloud Services offerings?
Yes. While AWS is our preferred cloud provider for Cohesity Cloud Services our offerings are intended to provide universal coverage for all types of data sources, whether from other cloud providers or SaaS applications. For example, we support Microsoft 365 and expect to support other cloud and SaaS sources in the future.