Cohesity Pegasus 6.5: Innovation Doesn’t Have to Be a Zero-Sum Game
Enabling the modern enterprise is a juggling act. It’s critical to meet an ever-increasing innovation cadence while reducing risk. At Cohesity, we’re helping enterprise customers do just that. It’s possible—necessary even—to increase both speed and resiliency. You don’t have to compromise one or the other.
Today, we are excited to share the availability of Cohesity Pegasus 6.5, helping you protect the data behind your newest initiatives in a faster way, as well as increasing the resiliency of your infrastructure. The latest software release encompasses over 80 capabilities, including:
- Comprehensive Protection for Kubernetes Namespaces: With this release, customers can use Cohesity to protect both data and application state for Kubernetes Namespaces. Cohesity’s native integration with Kubernetes ensures protection and orchestration for stateful and stateless applications, protecting PVs and metadata for comprehensive protection. Watch this webinar to learn more.
- Continuous Data Protection for Mission-Critical VMs: First announced in January 2020, Continuous Data Protection from Cohesity helps enterprises looking to reduce their downtime due to human errors or ransomware attacks. You can recover all your mission-critical VMs from any point in time. The solution is fully integrated with Cohesity DataProtect and managed through the existing backup policy framework. By integrating with vSphere APIs for I/O filtering, the Cohesity filter driver traps the I/O between the protected VM and its underlying storage and sends a copy of the I/O to Cohesity for near-zero RPO. The result: a native solution for mission-critical data protection, complementing your existing backup and recovery strategy.
- Heterogeneous Cluster Support: You can now have two different models of nodes together in the same cluster. You can combine Cohesity nodes with other Cohesity nodes, as well as Cohesity with either Cisco, HPE, or Dell nodes. Additional details can be found on the compatibility matrix, but note: Cohesity doesn’t support heterogeneity across different third-party vendors like Cisco and HPE, Cisco and Dell, and HPE and Dell within a cluster.
The scale-out heterogeneous cluster offers customers choice and flexibility in hardware selection to future-proof their investments and support multi-vendor strategy or vendor transition. Customers also gain flexibility in mixing use case-optimized nodes with varying capacity or performance in the same cluster for more cost-effective deployments.
- ROBO Appliance Availability: On February 19th, we announced the expansion of our edge/ROBO (Enterprise Remote Office/Branch Office) offering by introducing a plug-and-play hardware-based solution that is easy to install and requires no dedicated IT resources. The new solution is a bundle of Cohesity DataPlatform and Cohesity DataProtect on certified HPE and Cisco 1U1N servers in 4 TB and 8 TB usable capacity configurations. With the release of 6.5, this joint solution is now available on HPE and Cisco’s price list. Learn more in this blog.
- Dramatically Faster SQL Server Database Migration: Leveraging Cohesity’s incremental forever backup paradigm and file-based Changed Block Tracking for disaster recovery and migration makes sense. It allows for dramatically lower RPOs and RTOs, without interfering with your primary database and SQL Server instance. The result: behind-the-scenes preparation for database migration, speeding up disaster recovery even for your largest databases.
- Higher Data Resiliency: Resiliency against hardware failure is one of the core tenets of web-scale architecture. This software release dramatically improves resiliency domains to now include the chassis and up to two entire racks within a given cluster. Unlike other solutions that are only disk or node aware, Cohesity clusters offer a higher fault tolerance mechanism. Cohesity Pegasus 6.5 expands the fault tolerance from just a few drives and individual nodes failing to the entire chassis, which can have up to four nodes and two entire racks.
- Runbook Automation for VMware Failover: With threats on the rise, it’s no surprise that enterprises are keying in on disaster recovery (DR). However in today’s hybrid and multi-cloud world, developing, maintaining, and testing a DR plan has never been more complicated. When we launched Cohesity Runbook last summer, we helped simplify and automate DR and workload migrations to the public cloud. In 6.5, we further our Runbook support for enterprise workloads on VMware and enable DR across separate VMware deployments or locations.
- Helios Mobile: Take management of your data and apps anywhere with a mobile version of Cohesity Helios. You now have access to most of Helios SaaS-based functionalities at your fingertips, including health, performance, and storage utilization of all your clusters. More importantly, IT operators can now review their support cases and receive notifications, including proactive alerts on potential threats, such as a ransomware attack. You can download the app on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Cohesity has always led with intention. A unique vision predicated on a unique architecture makes this possible. With 6.5, our intention is clear: helping you make no compromises. You can increase speed and resiliency—at the same time. Innovation doesn’t have to be a zero-sum game.