Cohesity Unveils New Features for Its Industry-First Hyperconverged Storage Platform Including Enhanced Resiliency and Security
New Cohesity Data Platform 2.0 Expands Enterprise Features Such as SMB Protocol Support, Cloud Archive, and Site-to-Site Replication
Santa Clara, Calif. – Feb. 10, 2016 – Cohesity, the pioneer of hyperconverged secondary storage, today unveiled version 2.0 of its Cohesity Data Platform, which includes important new performance, management, and security features for enterprise customers across a wide range of industries. The Cohesity Data Platform helps customers consolidate secondary storage use cases, such as data protection, test and development, and file services, in a more flexible, efficient, and secure manner. Now, with key 2.0 features, the storage platform includes site-to-site replication, cloud archive, and hardware-accelerated, 256-bit encryption.
Cohesity’s hyperconverged secondary storage platform is the first solution that empowers organizations to overcome the challenges of fragmented data silos caused by the adoption of various point solutions to handle backup, file services, analytics, and other secondary storage use cases. Using the new platform, customers are reducing their storage footprint by over 80 percent and realizing immediate cost efficiencies by starting with backup.
“Cvent delivers enterprise event management technology to customers worldwide, so it’s critical to our organization that we can streamline how we manage their data – and our own,” said Cvent Co-Founder and Chief Information Officer Dwayne Sye. “That’s why we’re choosing the Cohesity hyperconverged storage platform to consolidate multiple use cases, from backing up data to efficiently replicating across multiple sites, ensuring resiliency for both our customer backups and our internal file services.”
“Cohesity’s hyperconverged solution makes secondary storage dramatically more efficient and easy to manage by consolidating backup, archive, test and development, and replication on a single, scalable platform,” said Jim Miller, senior analyst at Enterprise Management Associates. “In addition to lower capital and operational efficiency, version control is simplified when re-purposing data for multiple use cases. And with cloud archive for cold data, Cohesity adds another level of cost-saving opportunity for companies that need to take on increasing storage demands with an intelligent approach.”
“Our unified storage platform is designed with web-scale technology that can handle today’s and tomorrow’s data growth with infinite scalability and efficient spillover to the public cloud, replacing the monolithic scale-up architectures that have dominated secondary storage for decades,” said Cohesity CEO Mohit Aron. “We are continuing our focus on innovation to help our customers manage data sprawl with the first hyperconverged solution that uses flash, compute, and policy-based quality of service to consolidate disaster recovery, test/dev, analytics, and other secondary storage use cases without missing a beat.”
With the Cohesity Data Platform, enterprises can combat costly and inefficient data sprawl. Cohesity Data Platform 2.0 includes the following new features:
- Site-to-Site Replication: Organizations can achieve enterprise-level resiliency with the new capability for site-to-site replication between Cohesity Clusters.
- SMB Protocol: With support for SMB 3.0, growing file services for your network-attached storage in a simple manner with built-in integration for Microsoft applications and file services is easy.
- Stronger Security: Hardware-accelerated AES 256-bit FIPS-compatible encryption provides greater data security to meet even the strictest privacy and protection standards for highly regulated federal, financial services, and healthcare organizations.
- Automated VM Cloning for Test/Dev: To deliver a more streamlined test/dev workflow that repurposes backup data, automated cloning of backup VMs is now available to more quickly spin up zero-space clones.
- Cloud Enabled: A newly added public cloud archival tier enables organizations to take advantage of the cost efficiencies of the cloud with the option to spill over the least-used data to Google Cloud Storage™ Nearline, Microsoft Azure and Amazon S3, Glacier, cutting on-premises storage costs.
The Cohesity Data Platform 2.0 also provides adaptive throttling of backup streams to minimize the burden on customers’ production infrastructure.
The Cohesity Data Platform 2.0 is available now at a starting price of $90,000 (USD). To learn more, please sign up for today’s webinar on “Hyperconverging Secondary Storage” or join one of our upcoming lunch-and-learn sessions near you: https://www.cohesity.com/roadshow2016/.
Cohesity delivers the industry’s first hyperconverged secondary storage platform for consolidating your data across backup, test/dev, file services, and in-place analytics, onto an infinitely scalable, intelligent data platform. With Cohesity, customers achieve better business agility with seamless access, storage, and insight into data that is on-premise or in the cloud. For more information, visit www.cohesity.com.