Cohesity Unveils Backup Service for Google Cloud
SaaS Backup and Recovery Solution Integrates Natively With GCP for Easy, Policy-Based Management
San Jose, Calif. – April 9, 2019 – Cohesity, a leader of hyperconverged secondary storage, today announced the release of a new software as a service (SaaS) solution that delivers enterprise-grade backup and recovery for applications running on Google Cloud. Cohesity Cloud Backup Service for Google Cloud eliminates the need for customers to deploy backup software, infrastructure, or brittle custom scripts. Instead, customers can benefit from backup SaaS capabilities that are easy to use and integrate natively with Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Annual spending on cloud infrastructure services rose by 48 percent in 2018, and as organizations bring more enterprise production workloads to the cloud, they expect data protection and backup that matches the ease-of-use associated with public cloud services like Google Cloud. Now, with a few simple clicks, enterprises can sign up for the Cohesity Cloud Backup Service to backup and recover their production workloads. The integration with GCP empowers enterprises to simplify management and hit critical service level agreements (SLAs).
“With organizations looking to leverage the cloud and eliminate the need to provision infrastructure, backup of cloud-native workloads is a critical part of the data protection strategy,” said Rich Sanzi, vice president of engineering, Google Cloud. “Integrations with technology partners like Cohesity provide a simple and easy Backup-as-a-Service experience with Google Cloud, empowering customers to focus on what matters most – growing their business.”
Cohesity Cloud Backup Service for Google Cloud offers a range of new capabilities and benefits that make it easy for enterprises to meet business and regulatory backup compliance requirements:
- Enterprise-grade backup and protection for public cloud workloads: Cohesity snapshot integration with GCP provides native backup of Google Compute virtual machines (VMs), with granular search and recovery. Cohesity Cloud Backup Service delivers near-zero recovery times (RTOs) to any point in time, and reduces recovery point objectives (RPOs) to only a few minutes, empowering customers to meet the same stringent RPO/RTO requirements expected of on-premises offerings.
- Management ease and simplicity: Cohesity Cloud Backup Service offers a single SaaS-based dashboard for all management tasks, and provides self-service capabilities based on user roles. The service is natively integrated with GCP’s Identity and Access Management (IAM), helping to ensure users only have access to the resources specific for their job or task. Cohesity further reduces complexities through one-click deployment and reusable policies that eliminate the need for manual processes or custom scripts to automate backup scheduling, enforce retention policies, and consolidate backup activity.
- Consumption-based billing: Cohesity Cloud Backup Service offers consumption-based pricing that is fully integrated with GCP billing and available through the GCP Marketplace. Pay-as-you-go monthly charges enable customers to minimize capital expenditures and administrative complexity.
“Cohesity has quickly become a preferred choice for customers to back up their cloud and on-premises workloads, and we want to make it easy for enterprises to leverage our innovative and efficient platform no matter where their data resides,” said Vineet Abraham, senior vice president of engineering, Cohesity. “We’re excited to add to the powerful capabilities of GCP so that companies can overcome mass fragmentation challenges and truly maximize the value of their data.”
“Growing adoption of Google Cloud Platform among enterprises is enabling service providers to expand their offerings with a wide array of managed and self-service options,” said Al Sadowski, research vice president, voice of the service provider, 451 Research. “Today’s announcement gives service providers the opportunity to build asset-light managed services for data protection on top of Cohesity Cloud Backup Service for Google Cloud.”
Join Cohesity at Google Cloud Next ’19
Cohesity will be participating in a breakout session at Google Cloud Next ’19 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. In the session, “Solutions for Backup, Archival, and Disaster Recovery in the Cloud,” taking place Thursday, April 11, at 9 a.m. PT, Cohesity executives will join Bader Hamdan, head of technology partnerships, cloud data protection, Google Cloud, to discuss how customers can seamlessly take advantage of the agility provided by Google Cloud for long-term data retention while benefiting from Cohesity’s exceptional data protection capabilities.
For more information:
- Find more details about Cohesity Cloud Backup Service on the Cohesity website
- Read the blog post, “Cohesity Cloud Backup Service is just a few simple clicks away”
- Watch this video for an overview of the Cohesity Cloud Backup Service for Google Cloud
- Learn more about the Cohesity service on the Google Cloud Platform Marketplace
Cohesity makes your data work for you by consolidating secondary storage silos onto a hyperconverged, web-scale data platform that spans both private and public clouds. Enterprise customers begin by radically streamlining their backup and data protection, then converge file and object services, test/dev instances, and analytic functions to provide a global data store. Cohesity counts many Global 1000 companies and federal agencies among its rapidly growing customer base and was named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2017,” LinkedIn’s “Startups: The 50 Industry Disruptors You Need to Know Now,” and CRN’s “2017 Emerging Vendors in Storage” lists. For more information, visit our website www.cohesity.com and blog https://cohesity.com/blog/, follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/cohesity and LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/3750699/ and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cohesity/.
Head of Corporate Communications
BOCA Communications for Cohesity