XO Communications Simplifies Secondary Storage and Increases ROI with Cohesity
Cohesity Helps XO Communications Reduce Its Data Center TCO by 60 Percent
San Jose, CA – Dec. 19, 2017 – Cohesity, the pioneer of hyperconverged secondary storage, today announced that the Verizon subsidiary XO Communications, one of the nation’s largest IP and Ethernet network providers, uses Cohesity as the foundation of its scalable, hyperconverged secondary storage system. XO Communications has lowered its data center TCO by 60 percent due to Cohesity’s high capacity and small footprint — 100 TB of raw storage per 2U appliance — and ease of management, which requires fewer administrators.
- Government contracts required XO Communications to archive the most recent three years of logs, backups and audits, which dramatically increased the company’s data protection needs.
- Based on an extensive proof-of-concept project, XO Communications selected Cohesity over Dell EMC Isilon and Veeam because it’s solution was less than half the cost of alternatives and would offer unlimited scalability.
- XO Communications deployed Cohesity C2300 and C2500 hyperconverged node appliances with Cohesity DataProtect backup and recovery software, which enabled XO Communications’ team to clone and run virtual machines — including in the test/dev environment — directly on Cohesity.
- Cohesity helped the company increase storage capacity while concurrently reducing capital expenses (CapEx) due to a smaller data center footprint and subsequently lower power and cooling costs.
- XO Communications was also able to lower its operating expenses (OpEx) due to Cohesity’s ease of management. The new system requires only one administrator rather than the anticipated six that would have been needed for the alternatives.
“Cohesity is designed to optimize capacity and performance,” said Eirik Toft, Systems Administration Spec V, XO Communications. “With Cohesity we can meet our customer requirements without complicating our secondary storage environment. Besides ease of use and simple integration, Cohesity is dedicated to its customers’ success.
- Case Study: XO Communications, a Verizon Company, Simplifies Its Secondary Storage With Cohesity, While Reducing TCO by 60 Percent
- Video: XO Communications
- Blog Post: Telecomms Provider Cuts Data Center TCO by More Than Half
Cohesity makes your data work for you by consolidating secondary storage silos onto a hyperconverged, web-scale data platform that spans both private and public clouds. Enterprise customers begin by radically streamlining their backup and data protection, then converge file and object services, test/dev instances, and analytic functions to provide a global data store. Cohesity counts many Global 1000 companies and federal agencies among its rapidly growing customer base and was named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2017,” LinkedIn’s “Startups: The 50 Industry Disruptors You Need to Know Now,” and CRN’s “2017 Emerging Vendors in Storage” lists. For more information, visit our website www.cohesity.com and blog https://cohesity.com/blog/, follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/cohesity and LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/3750699/ and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cohesity/.
Head of Corporate Communications
BOCA Communications for Cohesity