How do you secure your home? You have doors with locks on them. You have a security system and/or a video doorbell to monitor the entryways to your house. You may even have a gated perimeter or security guards posted along your property to keep you and your family safe. But what happens when criminals are able to get through all these barriers and still break into your house? Then you’re no longer secure.
Unfortunately, the same can be said about IT security, which focuses on the perimeter of your IT infrastructure–think networks and firewalls–and the entry points, such as your end-point devices like laptops and mobile phones. But what happens if cybercriminals find an open port on your network or trick a user into giving them their username and password? All bets are off, and your data is exposed. It may be attacked, encrypted, or extorted for a ransom.
So, how do you better support your perimeter security while also ensuring you can recover your data and systems if they’re impacted? With a comprehensive data security solution, that’s how. You can better protect yourself from cyberattacks, detect when and how they happened, and recover quickly and with confidence. Then you can get your business back up and running, protect its reputation, and minimize the risk of paying a ransom.
DataHawk delivers comprehensive data security
I’m thrilled to unveil Cohesity DataHawk, our comprehensive data security solution that helps you protect, detect, and recover from cyberattacks. It’s your first and last line of defense for your data when your network and endpoint security fail. DataHawk addresses several key challenges organizations face when a cyberattack like ransomware occurs. These challenges include:
- Detecting emerging attacks. Ransomware and malware can sneak by perimeter and end-point security undetected and often lurk for weeks, moving laterally in your network and data. Criminals can attack your weakest and most vulnerable areas. How do you detect this suspicious activity when they are already inside?
- Understanding the impact of an attack. Once an attack is launched, understanding which systems and datasets were impacted becomes a long and drawn-out process. How do you prioritize which incidents to respond to first? Was it just the servers that went down? Or were more systems impacted? Was sensitive information like personal identifiable information (PII) leaked out?
- Recovering quickly and with confidence. What if an entire site was attacked? How quickly can you recover if you need to rebuild servers and pull data back from offsite tape backups? How confident are you when you restore your systems and data that you’re not reintroducing the same malware and threats that got you in trouble in the first place?
DataHawk address these challenges with several key product capabilities:
- Simplified threat intelligence. Using machine learning and deep learning, DataHawk threat protection scans and detects the latest ransomware strains and indicators of compromise (IOCs) in your backup data. It simplifies the process of staying up to date with the latest threats by providing 1-click scanning at scale and has automated and extensible threat feeds so you avoid the manual work of downloading the latest threat signatures and configuring your own scans. In addition, ML-based anomaly detection helps detect data anomalies that may indicate an attack.
- Highly accurate data classification. ML-based pattern matching uses 200+ patterns and 50+ predefined policies to help provide accurate data classification. That way, you can find sensitive data and determine if it was compromised during an attack. It improves incident response by reducing the time to understand the scope and impact of an attack on your data by reducing false positives so you can understand if sensitive information was compromised and prioritize with the appropriate incident response.
- SaaS-based cyber vaulting. Cohesity FortKnox helps you create an additional copy of critical data–and vaults it away from cybercriminals by creating a virtual air-gap. In the event of a site-down scenario, you can recover from FortKnox back to the original location or in the cloud, which is faster than recovering manually or from tape.
- User behavior analysis. Query-based analysis on user activity logs helps you better understand which user did what, and if suspicious behaviors like tampering, deletion, or theft may be occurring.
- SOC Integration. Use your existing security tools to get data security alerts and integrate the recovery workflow directly in your incident response playbook.
Protect, detect, and recover better with DataHawk
Cohesity DataHawk helps you better protect from ransomware and cyberattacks with:
- Additional resiliency with a cloud-vaulted copy of data with Cohesity FortKnox
- User behavior analysis to identify suspicious user activity that can indicators of tampering
It helps you better detect an attack with:
- Intelligent threat protection that scans for ransomware strains and automatically stays up to date with the latest threat feeds
- Accurate data classification so you can detect and find sensitive data that may have been compromised
- Backup data anomaly detection so you can detect an attack that has evaded your perimeter security
And it helps you recover with confidence with:
- Threat scanning to help identify compromised and clean copies of data to recover from
- Integration with leading security tools, including recovery workflows in incident response playbooks
- Cloud-based recovery with FortKnox that provides a secure way to recover data in worst case site down scenarios
Ransomware and cyberattacks continue to get more sophisticated and evade perimeter and end-point security making the need for a comprehensive data security solution like Cohesity DataHawk more urgent than ever.
Join our DataHawk early access preview program
Ready to get started and give Cohesity DataHawk a try? We’re currently accepting qualified customers to test and provide feedback on DataHawk. Sign up here for the DataHawk early access preview.